Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Mighty Two...





I travelled to Kuwait in early February for my face-to-face Interviews & was taken to the Biggest GM Showroom owned by our company as part of my Kuwait Orientation Tour & saw all GM Cars – Chevrolet, Hummer, Cadillac & SAAB. Chevrolet was the brand which I could afford based on my expected salary here and I liked the 2010 Chevrolet Cruze and planned to pick it up if I got the offer to join. I had seen it on Indian Roads as well & it looked quite impressive, the difference between the Indian & Kuwaiti version was that the Kuwaiti one was a Left Hand Drive & a 1.8 Litre Petrol Engine whereas the Indian one is a Right Hand Drive & a 2.2 Litre Diesel Engine…

I joined here in March 2010 & waited to get my Kuwaiti Residency stamped on my passport which actually happened in September 2010 & I had all my plans ready to lay my hands on the Cruze…

But things changed in July 2010 as that’s when I went to the showroom again with George to buy the Chevrolet Malibu which he was buying; I saw the Red Chevrolet Lumina S featured in the Showroom and fell in love; it was actually the Bollywood style love-at-first-sight indeed!!! The colour looked so vibrant & impressive and the specs. were also damn impressive, a 6-cylinders 3.6 Litre Petrol Engine with 288 BHP of raw power, I looked no further since then & knew that my car had to be that…

I got my Civil ID finally in October 2010 & then the search for a decent 2009/2010 used-car model started as the new one was very expensive & was not matching my budget. I could not find the Red Colour even after searching at all the place, I was getting offers of Black & Silver colour but I was in no mood to change my mind…Red is the colour I like the most & I am sure some of you know that!!! My Bike “The Mighty One” is also Black with a dash of red and my wardrobe has a dash of red thrown in for good measure!!!

2 months of search bore no fruit & I was getting frustrated so I decided to buy a new car only but there also I faced some bad luck, the showroom guys had only 5 new cars in their stock & all of them were Black colour & I said fuck it man & lets go for a Black colour only albeit a used car…but then I found a very decent 2010 White Lumina S but the owner didn’t decide to sell me his car as he was not getting the price he was expecting…

But then Rani (my Syrian colleague & a very good friend) became a Messiah for me!!! One of his friends told him that a Red Lumina S was there in one of our used-car showrooms & he started calling me frantically as I was behind his life for almost 3 months to help me in finding my Dream Car!!! We went to Showroom the same evening & I fell in love all over again!!! The car was in immaculate condition, was driven for 24,000 kms & was a January 2010 Model…God finally showered all his mercy on me as whatever I wanted I got!!! No wonder God loves me the most…

Finally on Thursday 2nd December 2010 I got the delivery of the car & I drove it for the first time even though only for some 2 kms as my Kuwaiti Driving License is still not ready but then the feel was amazing, it had a zip feel to it & I knew I would have a ball of a time once I start driving it on the smooth Kuwaiti Roads here…

I named my car “The Mighty Two” continuing in the tradition of “The Mighty One”, my Royal Enfield Electra & my trusted partner for the last almost 3 years!!! And I hope The Mighty Two also becomes one here!!!

The Specs are also amazing…

1. http://kw-en.chevroletarabia.com/vehicles/view_all_vehicles/cars/lumina/index.html
2. 3600 CC, 6 cylinders & 288 BHP Petrol Engine
3. Blaupunkt Single CD Music System
4. 8-way electronically-adjusted Driving Seat
5. Red & Black Cloth Upholstery Seats – My Dream Colour-Combo!!!
6. Sports Body Kit
7. Traction Control, Front Air-Bags, Cruise Control, Manual Triptronic Gears – Sport Shift, Driver-Information System in the Front Console & Steering Controls for Music
8. And much-much more…

On 6th December 2010 I just could not stop myself & went for a spin early morning & did a 55 odd kms. stretch on the open roads with not much traffic and touched 180 kmph!!! And this one has the digital speed meter in the front console...seeing the rush towards the 180 kmph was such a high!!!

I could have gone easily to the 200 kmph mark but could not gather that much guts...plus I don’t have the license as yet so was taking a big risk of driving without one...

The control & acceleration was unbelievable & I reached 180 kmph at just 2000 RPM so one can imagine what good things are in store for me…I am sure I would reach the top-speed mark of 240 kmph very soon…Inshallah…

I am also getting the Rear Parking Sensors installed today as parking becomes a breeze with the sensors installed & anyway I am not a good reverser myself so just want to make things easy for myself…

And now the biggest threat is to keep myself in control on the roads now & I don’t want any hefty Traffic Fines here, the over speeding fine is 40 KD or 6400 INR!!!

Once my License is ready I would be taking The Mighty Two to the Desert Roads here in Abdali or Wafrah & would be testing the limits of the vehicle…

Me & my Kuwait Buddy George have sure shot plans of driving down to Bahrain (a 5-hours Road Trip) next year in the Summers once his family is in India for the Summer Vacations and I am so madly waiting for it!!!

I would be back again with the 240 kmph mark post very soon…

Till then ride/drive safe & have safe sex…

No comments:

Post a Comment