Sunday, December 26, 2010

Meri Christmas Weekend...

Good-Old busy weekends are back again, and boy ain’t I happy!!! Kuwait never was more fun than this weekend; I had a whale of a time, 2 days full of fun…

The mood was festive as the weekend was the Christmas Weekend, some of our teams went for their Christmas Team Lunches, we were allowed to wear Jeans to Office, and I left home also on time on Thursday, went for Jogging, had my dinner & slept early…

Friday Morning was the HR Team Event at Wafrah Farms which is some 150 kms away & I was all excited for it as I had heard from my colleagues that the Road to Wafrah is one of the best in Kuwait & provides ample opportunities to rip the engine!!! The Mighty Two was also yearning for this kind of a ripe opportunity & I was ready to rip my beast…


We started the drive really slowly with all cars following each other but soon I got bored driving at 100 kmph & decided to go in front and leave everybody behind…the roads were simply too good to resist. I started slowly & got upto 150-160 kmph & when I got a long & open stretch just ripped & got upto 205 kmph!!! Yes you are reading this correctly; this was the first time I had reached the 200 kmph mark which was my dream when I came to Kuwait & I specifically bought the Chevrolet Lumina S to hit the 200!!!

Javed who was travelling with me clicked the pic at the right moment & the dream was achieved…the exhilaration was unbelievable & I could feel the rush entering my body through my arms, after some 5-10 minutes I found another open stretch & ripped the car again & this time reaching the speed of 215 kmph, what a feeling that was & the best part was that the car was absolutely stable and I always felt in control of the vehicle…


Amidst all this excitement I missed the Wafrah Right Turn & instead kept going straight, soon we reached the Saudi Border; I called Amir – who knew the way & he told me that we had gone 40-50 kms ahead, I laughed at me as this was another Misnavigation adventure of mine but I missed my BoP Comrade – Dips with whom I have shared many such fun moments!!! Instead I sent him an SMS telling him about my 200 kmph feat & somewhat shared my excitement…

We finally reached the cut & started the final leg of the drive experiencing one of the most amazing roads I have ever been to, desert on both the sides & no vegetation of any sort – none whatsoever and a perfect straight road to drive the car on, I soaked in the feeling by driving the car slow at 100 kmph!!! We stopped enroute at a Mosque where Javed & another colleague of mine read their Friday Afternoon Prayer & Javed’s wife read her prayers in my car…
We reached the “Asia Farm” at Wafrah where our Team Event was organized, enjoyed some nice mocktails & just roamed around the huge farm house…we all played a game of Volleyball after that with me taking my regular position – one at the centre of the nest & smashed my way through!!! The last time I played Volleyball was way back in October 2009 during my “BoP Redstone Rockets Ride”& what a time the Rockets had then…special mention must go to my dear comrade – BK ATREYA for his exceptional Volleyball skills…


The Lunch Menu was Arabic Cuisine & it was fabulous, I gorged on the Chicken Biryani & the Grilled Meat followed by another gorging session of the desserts…


We left Wafrah at 3 PM & I decided to take it easy while going back & drove relatively slow, when I got back home I was dead tired but then my friend Abhishek Tripathi called me & asked me to come to his home so that we could start the Evening Party, I wanted to sleep badly but decided to leave instead. We had a rocking time at his home, there were 4 of us & we did non-stop Bakchodi was 4 hours before finally calling it a night, I won’t write what all we had during the party due to obvious reasons!!!

I slept overnight at his home only, tired & high!!! I woke up at 9:30 AM the next day & left for my home…enroute I had an amazing breakfast of Poori-Aloo with Tea and the Aloo ki Subzi reminded me of almost the same taste which my Mother cooks…

I relaxed at home after that, Facebooking & chatting with Bandita through the afternoon…the plan for the evening was all-set, we had decided to go to the Shooting Range here in Kuwait where one can shoot real guns with real bullets in a Government Shooting Range open to civilians…

We reached the Range at 5:30 PM and went straight to the booking counter, I chose the 357 MM Revolver, Vikash chose the 40 MM Revolver & Abhishek chose the 9 MM Pistol…we entered the Shooting Area & were all excited after seeing some others taking the shots & knew this one would be one amazing experience…when my turn came, the instructor told me the entire process & asked me to load the revolver and believe me guys its an amazing feeling, the one you have seen in the movies!!! Loading 6 bullets one-by-one!!!


I had an average round & after shooting 20 bullets I could only manage one bulls-eye shot though I am sure with some practice I can be better at this. We have decided to visit the range twice a month for sure & the next time I would try the Sniper Rifle…


After the Shooting High we went to the Arabian Gulf Road & got to a Sheesha Joint by the beachside & enjoyed a bout of Mint-Apple Flavour Sheesha with some Bakchodi, the weather was quite chilly with the sea breeze hitting us vigorously and after an hour or so we decided to leave & call it a day, we all got back home by 9 PM and finally the curtains came down on one of my best weekends spent till date in Kuwait…


Hopefully in time to come I would have many more such weekends…Inshallah…

7 comments:

  1. shooting guns must be great. main hota to machine gun uthata bade waleee. :-))) what a beautiful road that was. wah. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool so u enjoyed the Christmas!!!!!!!

    Thanks for writing as bhai i just love to read your blogs.....

    Take care bhai.... God Bless

    Regards Purva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, an action packed weekend from your side. I can imagine your thirst and the sheer happiness you must have experienced.
    saale, still mis-navigating. u surely wont change. and nobody should expect you to. tellme, at 200+, were your palms sweating? knees must be shaking. it would happen to me surely.
    and yeah, nobody can beat BK at his volley skills.
    great choice, the .357 mm. did u also make some filmy remark before shooting. and that 10-pointer shot must have been so thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chadha...agli baar Rifle hi chalaaunga...woh bhi badi waali !!! and yes the Road was simply divine...BoP Ride banti hai !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Vinamra...

    The Thirst was getting too much & I just cudnt wait...finally I got the company I was waiting for and now my time has come...

    Misnavigation & me go hand-in-hand, whats the fun without losing way...I am sure you would agree !!!

    Nahin yaar the 200 was quite peaceful....though I could feel the speed entering my body through the veins and the feeling was heavenly !!!

    Na yaar...no filmy remark...this was the 3rd time I was shooting with a real gun so the filmi dialogues were passed this time !!! the best part abt the 10-point shot was that itw as my 2nd shot that day...after that I lost my grip & made a mistake in holding the gun thats why after that all shots went to the left...next time I wud make amends...

    Cheers...
    Che

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i get the gmailid or any contact address of
    Abhishek Tripathi.... hope u canprovid e me nothing personaljust wanna know my id is arpita1797@gmail.complz addme n convey
    regards
    arpita...

    ReplyDelete